Theology of Business with Darren Shearer: Helping Marketplace Christians Explore and Apply God's Will for Business
Leading with Love in Times of Corporate Crisis (w/ Joel Manby)
Manage episode 269424542 series 66317
Drawing on 25+ years of CEO experience of major corporations, Joel wrote Love Works, in which he introduces us to the power of agape love in the workplace. Love Works has sold over 100,000 copies, and a new expanded version was released in March 2020.
Previously, Joel was Chief Executive Officer of SeaWorld and served as CEO of Herschend Enterprises, an entertainment company with brands such as the Harlem Globetrotters and Dollywood. Additionally, Joel spent 20 years in general management in the auto industry.
After he went undercover on the hit TV show Undercover Boss, his episode was the second-most popular program on all of US television during the week it aired … second only to American Idol.
Questions explored in this episode:
- How to lead based on the principles of action-oriented love in 1 Cor. 13:4-7
- Which of the leadership principles in 1 Cor. 13:4-7 are the most difficult for business managers and leaders?
- Why is it hard for business leaders to talk about “love” in the workplace?
- How effective is the “leading with love” approach?
- What was it like transitioning from being the CEO of the largest family-owned amusement park company, which has a long-standing culture that promotes Christian values, to being the CEO of large publicly traded company that was in the midst of a public relations crisis?
Theology of Business is the show that helps marketplace Christians to partner with God in business to make disciples of companies, industries, and communities. If you want to learn more about how to do business for the glory of God and shape culture through discipling the business world, this show is for you. | Entrepreneurship | Marketing | Nonprofit | Church | Author | Startups | Marketplace | Ministry | Business as Mission | Faith and Work | Faith | Success | Leadership | www.TheologyofBusiness.com