Manage episode 343071250 series 3360972
When you take extreme ownership of your career and life, magical things happen. Remember, you care more about your life and career than anyone else. Author and speaker Andy Storch joins us for a masterclass on listening to your inner voice and taking full ownership of your career and life.
📬 Get the newsletter: Uncaged Secrets
🌐 Show website: UncageYourself.FM
02:35 Andy’s evolving definition of success
04:50 Dependency on external circumstances
08:10 Andy’s childhood & backstory
12:27 Entering the corporate world
16:29 Accelerators for self-transformation
20:08 Ownership mindset (being entrepreneurial)
26:42 Modern view on professional development
31:18 “I don’t have time”
32:31 Personal brand = reputation
39:26 Andy’s cancer battle
45:05 It happened for me, not to me
49:40 Rapid fire questions
54:49 It’s on you: extreme ownership
- Minimize the “I’ll be happy when” mentality; cultivate inner joy.
- Take a lesson from Stoicism: focus on what you can control.
- On paper, your life might look good. But you might actually feel dead inside. Signal for radical self-transformation.
- Find coaches, mentors, and resources that help you see new possibilities and co-design a better future (tailored for you).
- Many people are drifting through life — being reactive and adopting external definitions of success. Better way: live an intentional life.
- Substantive change is atomic: it’s both small and highly targeted for long-term impact.
- Your personal brand is “what people think and say about you when you’re not in the room.”
- Clarify what you want your brand to stand for (e.g., kindness, generosity)
- Attitude when hitting a major roadblock: “This is what I get to deal with.”
- We go through our life challenges so we’re qualified to help others.
Own Your Career Own Your Life (Andy’s book)
Owning Your Journey with Cancer (free guide)