BTC123: The Legacy Banking System in Shambles w/ Alf Peccatiello (Bitcoin Podcast)
Manage episode 359236592 series 1394353
Preston Pysh interviews Alfonso Peccatiello, better known as Macro Alf, to talk about how the banking system works, what might come next with the spreading global impairment, and what it might mean for Bitcoin and other asset classes.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
01:25 - Global perspectives and insights.
05:28 - The impact of immediate withdrawals on banks' cash reserves.
11:49 - Twitter debates: QE returns or not?
11:49 - Dispelling Bitcoiners' mistrust in the banking system.
28:43 - Piecing together the European inflation & bond yield puzzle.
34:52 - Predicting the 10YR-2YR inversion's future.
34:52 - Shadow banking and insurance companies under the microscope.
42:58 - Real estate and REITs in times of high debt and interest rates.
42:58 - Examining inflation stickiness in today's economy.
50:32 - Unexplored insights: What's being overlooked?
55:33 - Debating the debt spiral scenario.
55:33 - From problem talk to finding solutions.
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Macro Alf's Website and Content.
- Macro Alf's Twitter.
- Related episode: Listen to TIP495: The Changing Composition of Money w/ Alfonso Peccatiello, or watch the video.
- Related episode: Listen to MI232: Understanding Quantitative Easing w/ Alfonso Peccatiello, or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Invest in Bitcoin with confidence on River. It's the most secure way to buy Bitcoin with 100% full reserve custody and zero fees on recurring orders.
- If you’re aware you need to improve your bitcoin security but have been putting it off, Unchained Capital's Concierge Onboarding is a simple way to get started—sooner rather than later. Book your onboarding today and at checkout, get $50 off with the promo code FUNDAMENTALS.
- Easily diversify beyond stocks and bonds, and build wealth through streamlined CRE investing with EquityMultiple.
- Get the professional support you need to prepare for your future career with UBC Sauder School of Business.
- What does happen when money and big feelings mix? Tune in to find out on the new podcast, Open Money, presented by Servus Credit Union.
- Set, track, and manage your financial goals as your life evolves with Scotia Smart Investor.
- Make connections, gain knowledge, and uplift your governance CV by becoming a member of the AICD today.
- Let an expert do your taxes from start to finish so you can relax with TurboTax.
- Apply for the Employee Retention Credit easily, no matter how busy you are, with Innovation Refunds.
- Have Commonwealth Private's Private Bankers take the time to understand your goals and tailor solutions that create less for you to do and more for you to enjoy.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.