TIP535: Insights from the World's Top Money Managers w/ Kristof Gleich
Manage episode 358179435 series 1394353
Trey invites Kristof Gleich, together they discuss a wide range of topics, including factor frameworks, advancements in behavior analytics, the qualities that set exceptional money managers apart, and more!
Kristof is the President and CIO of Harbor Capital and is responsible for Harbor’s $40B of AUM invested in boutique managers from across the World. Prior to Harbor, Kristof worked at Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
0:00 - Intro
01:53 - How Kristof would summarize Q1 of 2023.
14:48 - How working with a wide array of managers helps inform his worldview.
26:52 - What makes a great money manager.
39:13 - Factor frameworks and innovation around behavior analytics.
63:34 - Why Active ETFs are having a huge surge in popularity, after years of indices ruling the investing world.
65:46 - The life lessons Kristof learned from spending over 2 hours with Bill Gross (aka the Bond King) just a short time after his infamous exit at PIMCO.
Disclaimer: Slight discrepancies in the timestamps may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our We Study Billionaires Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Have peace of mind knowing River holds Bitcoin in multi-sig cold storage with 100% full reserves.
- If you’re aware you need to improve your bitcoin security but have been putting it off, Unchained Capital‘s Concierge Onboarding is a simple way to get started—sooner rather than later. Book your onboarding today and at checkout, get $50 off with the promo code FUNDAMENTALS.
- Easily diversify beyond stocks and bonds, and build wealth through streamlined CRE investing with EquityMultiple.
- Get the professional support you need to prepare for your future career with UBC Sauder School of Business.
- Have Commonwealth Private‘s Private Bankers take the time to understand your goals and tailor solutions that create less for you to do and more for you to enjoy.
- Set, track, and manage your financial goals as your life evolves with Scotia Smart Investor.
- Let an expert do your taxes from start to finish so you can relax with TurboTax.
- Make connections, gain knowledge, and uplift your governance CV by becoming a member of the AICD today.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.
HELP US OUT!
Help us reach new listeners by leaving us a rating and review on Apple Podcasts! It takes less than 30 seconds, and really helps our show grow, which allows us to bring on even better guests for you all! Thank you – we really appreciate it!