Manage episode 277849380 series 2091666
In Episode 140 of the Weird Tales Radio Show we have the concluding part of our interview with American academic Professor Richard Spence about Aleister Crowley - this week the weirdness embraces the Nazis, Russians spies and even L. Ron Hubbard of the Scientologists. We also have a number of shorter items including the most haunted house in Ireland being up for sale, the urban myths surrounding Phil Collins - yes the guy from Genesis, the Medieval impotence inspectors who were only too willing to lend a hand, and why a 900-years dead Irish saint may have predicted an imminent apocalypse.
Links: Weird Tales Radio Show archive https://www.urbanfantasist.com/weird-tales-radio-show + https://narratively.com/the-distinguished-medieval-penis-investigators/ + https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/escape/article-8941707/Irelands-haunted-house-sale-Loftus-Hall-market-2-2m.html
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
1. Theme Music (00:00:01)
2. Intro, Hello & Paranormal News in Brief, including theatre ghosts, a new Stonehenge & a haunted Irish castle for sale (00:00:43)
3. Richard Spence on Aleister Crowley Part 2 - More Weirdness with Nazis, Russian Spies & American Rocketeers (00:04:19)
4. The Folklore of Eyes #4 - Hazel Eyes (00:42:03)
5. The Urban Myths Surrounding Phil Collins - yes, the guy from Genesis (00:44:49)
6. Stiff Justice - the Medieval Impotence Inspectors (00:48:12)
7. Practical Magick - More Spells from the Grimoires (00:50:33)
8. Saint Malachy & the Prophecy of the Popes - so Doomsday’s just around the corner? (00:54:55)
9. Outro & Goodnight (00:57:30)
10. Ends (00:58:00)