67. How to Be Confident as a Teacher
Manage episode 359625872 series 3329630
If you're feeling less than confident about yourself as a teacher, listen up. On today's podcast, we're going to be talking about two ways to look at your confidence in yourself as a teacher… starting today! These two strategies and perspectives will help teach you how to be confident as a teacher.
Everyone needs a confidence boost from time-to-time, whether you're a new teacher or are a veteran teacher, especially when you meet new challenges. It's great when someone else gives you support, but you can't depend on others to keep you feeling confident. You are responsible for developing and nurturing your self-confidence. Having confidence as a teacher can improve your overall effectiveness as well as your wellbeing.
Confidence as a Teacher comes down to TWO THINGS:
1) Self Confidence: Belief in ourselves and our thoughts. Believing that we’re already amazing and acknowledging how far we’ve come is essential to increasing self confidence. If we believe in where we are going, then feedback and "criticism" will become “learning moments”. They won't be a "bad thing" but rather a gift to help us improve.
2) External Confidence in Capability- You can look at your wins to see what skillsets you already have confidence in. When you do this, you can see all the areas that you lack confidence in and begin to do practice and repetition to grow your confidence in those areas that you are lacking confidence.
Those are just two tips we dive into on this episode that is full of methods to help you begin owning your wins and growing your confidence. Whether you're new to the classroom or a veteran teacher, you won't want to miss this episode that is sure to help you feel more confident in the classroom.
Head over to the show notes: https://www.wifeteachermommy.com/podcast/how-to-be-confident-as-a-teacher
In this episode on how to be confident as a teacher:
- How to be more confident as a teacher
- The benefit of believing in yourself and external confidence in your capability
- Why owning your wins is essential to self confidence
- How to manage your mind when “sticky moments” come up
- The theory of 10,000 hours of practice
- How shifting your mindset to positivity can increase your confidence
- A simple and easy way you acknowledge your daily and long term wins
- Wife Teacher Mommy Club
- Educate and Rejuvenate Summer 2023
- Wife Teacher Mommy: Mentioned on Podcast Amazon List