Manage episode 355231321 series 2853093
Tim Miller is a former political operative who has worked for Jeb Bush and John Huntsman, and is currently a writer for The Bulwark and an MSNBC analyst. He joins the podcast to talk about his political memoir, Why We Did It: A Travelogue from the Republican Road to Hell. With a former insider’s perspective, Miller discusses
* Where the Republican Party went wrong
* The importance of character in politics
* Mistakes made by Clinton and George W. Bush that led us to this point
* To what extent right-wing populists have legitimate grievances
* The effect of the changing media environment on our fractious politics
* Why only Chris Christie could have derailed Trump in 2016
* Whether, to stop Trump, other candidates should get out of the way and support DeSantis
The discussion closes on whether there are reasons to be hopeful about the future of the Republican Party.
Listen here or watch the video on YouTube.
Get full access to Center for the Study of Partisanship and Ideology at www.cspicenter.com/subscribe