Manage episode 291014217 series 2918101
My guest today is Kalpen Parekh (https://twitter.com/KalpenParekh) , President of DSP Investment Managers Pvt. Ltd (https://invest.dspim.com/) DSPIM is one of the leading Mutual Fund house in India. Kalpen has over two decades of experience in finance and asset management. He is a deep thinker and passionate about behavioural finance and believes that investor behaviour is one of the most crucial aspects to a good investment experience. Mr. Parekh has undertaken various initiatives in the organisations that he has worked with to highlight the importance and learnings of behavioural finance across the value chain.
This episode is brought to you by multipie.co where we believe Investing is an ignored life skill and it's time to change it. Multipie is building up a platform where people can form community and learn, share , collaborate on growing their wealth using right tools. We want your hard earned money to work for you
- 1:23- Introducing kalpen parekh.
- 3:25- Favorite book- Psychology of Money
- 7:23- Kalpen's investing journey and guidance for people starting out
- 15:00- Risk Management and elimination with Kalpen
- 18:30: Kalpen's view on investing in Gold.
- 23:10: Kalpen's view on spurious correlations
- 28:50- Kalpen's view on timing the market and time in the market
- 34:13- Kalpen's opinion on career
- 37:38- World becoming an open university
- 38:39- Ethics at DSP
- 40:43: Kalpen's view on different styles of money managers
- 48:00- Rapid fire with Kalpen