Manage episode 347821636 series 2878642
* Part five of our exploration of Horrors!
* Baggi: Obese, hairless, arboreal Horrors.
* Tough, fleshy sacks that swallow their prey whole.
* Feed on feelings of helplessness or frustration.
* Karma Void: Must spend more Karma than normal to affect them.
* Bloodshaper: Astral Horror that creates a physical construct they act through.
* Create corrupted blood charms that infect their victims.
* Feed on feelings of alienation and self-loathing suffered by the victim.
* Opponent for campaign-level or major story arcs.
* Deceiver: Shapeshifting infiltrators that specialize in illusion and deception.
* Empathic and telepathic powers to read targets and replace/impersonate them.
* Feed on feelings of paranoia and distrust.
* Despairthought: The Horror that tormented J’Role in “The Longing Ring”
* Thick, maggoty-looking worm that moves around on stubby arms.
* Astrally projects and deceives parents into infecting their child with it.
* Speaks in their victim’s mind, feeds on their isolation, betrayal, and depression.
* Eventually tries to provoke the victim to kill themselves.
* Doppler: Body Snatchers or doppelgangers.
* Kills the victim and grows a duplicate of them that replaces them.
* Actual psychological syndrome: Capgras Syndrome
* Dread Iota: Microscopic Horrors that infect water and are ingested by their victims.
* Cause victims to suffer a wasting death, then animate their corpse to spread them.
* Cross between modern germ theory and old ideas of illness caused by evil spirits.
* Kreescra: Short, twisted humanoids with out-of-proportion limbs and features.
* Stalk victims and cause nightmares, preventing full night’s sleep.
* Prevents recovery and can cause death if not defeated.
* Mindslugs: Small, black worms that burrow into your skull and eat your brain.
* Ambush and Gain Surprise make them difficult to notice.
* If they get started on a victim, it is painful and difficult to remove them.
* Miseryworm: Larger, more powerful, despairthought variant.
* Similar tactic of approaching parents and targeting their children.
* Rather than driving the victim to suicide, warps them into Wretched Imps.
* Scurrier: Small, chubby humanoids with exposed brains.
* Create and repair traps in ruins and kaers, feed off the pain of adepts that get trapped in them.
* Can complicate kaer delves or Horror lairs because even previously traveled areas might not be safe.
Find and Follow:
Josh on Twitter: @LoreMerchant
Dan on Twitter: @boice_voice
Get product information, developer blogs, and more at www.fasagames.com