Manage episode 255074712 series 2463849
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the topic is: “Request handler pitfalls.” We examine our history writing web handlers and talk about all the ways we’ve broken them.
- “Doing a pitfalls episode is easy, because you just need to look at your scars.”
- “Letting exceptions escape is TMI for the web.”
- “Multiple error handling middleware is ok. They’re in place, just in case.”
- “Smaller doesn’t necessarily mean simpler.”
- “A little bit of repetition can lead to a lot of clarity.”
- “Java can turn just about anything into a string.”