Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on October 29, 2019 09:06 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 222164019 series 2090542
Tyler Emerson talks with Geoff Ginter, a sharp advocate for single-payer health care in the U.S., and the economic lens known as modern monetary theory (MMT). Geoff became an online sensation in 2017 after a video clip went viral of his interaction with Rep. Tom MacArthur at a town hall in Willingboro, NJ, where he confronted MacArthur about his vote to repeal the Affordable Care Act.
- 1:29 - His confrontation with MacArthur
- 21:53 - The reality or myth of America’s greatness
- 31:04 - The quality of life in America relative to other rich nations
- 41:04 - What’s missing from the American story of freedom
- 54:28 - The economic lens of modern monetary theory (MMT)
Music: Gymnopédie No. 1 by Erik Satie