Manage episode 268178931 series 2766604
Joel Califa is a professional problem solver. He's a successful designer, developer, team leader, and overall self-proclaimed generalist.
Joel’s career has led him to the role of Senior Product Designer at two well-known digital companies: Digital Ocean and GitHub. Over the years, Joel has interviewed hundreds of job applicants (both technical and non-technical). Last week I sat down with Joel to ask him, “What advice do you have for someone trying to get hired at GitHub? And what rate should web designer be asking for 2019?”
In this episode you will learn:
- How Joel Califa prepares for an interview
- How to get hired at GitHub
- How much money a web designer makes in 2019
- Interviewing tips for getting hired as a web designer
- Joel's favorite web design tools and apps
- Salary negotiating tips anyone can use!