Manage episode 268178925 series 2766604
33% of the web is powered by WordPress. There's a lot of WordPress sites out there! Because of that, WordPress is a huge target for hackers, and security should be a priority for everyone, even if you're not a developer.
In this episode, I chat with Jason Cohen, CTO of WPEngine, about what WordPress security for beginners. We discuss:
- The best plugins for keeping your WordPress sites secure.
- How to know if your WordPress site is already hacked
- What you can do if you think your WordPress site is hacked
- Pros and cons of the various types of WordPress hosting that are out there. Everything from WordPress.com, to shared hosting, to manage WordPress hosting solutions.
- Jason's thoughts on WordPress Jetpack, Automatic (the company behind WordPress)'s default WordPress security plug-in.