#515: Behind-the-Scenes Of My Latest DCA Launch: The Highs, Lows, & Magical Moments
Manage episode 347069233 series 2355180
If you’ve ever been through a digital course launch, you know that it’s usually an ‘all hands on deck’ sort of situation.
Things are happening fast. You’re making split-second decisions. And whether you’ve got a team of two or 20, everybody is in the trenches with you.
I’ve been through more course launches than I can count on two hands, and as much prep as my team and I do to make sure everything goes smoothly, there’s always a few things that don’t go according to plan.
But guess what? Those little hiccups -- where you’re forced to get creative (and a little scrappy) -- are what create the magic.
Not only do you learn a ton in the process of troubleshooting, but there’s a really incredible energy and camaraderie that’s created amongst the team.
In this episode, my Director of Customer Experience, Josh, joins me for a behind-the-scenes recap of our September 2022 Digital Course Academy launch -- our largest launch of the year.
You’ll get an honest look at our best moments, our toughest moments, the magical ones, and everything in between.
Here’s a glance at this episode...
- [03:30] We got a flood of emails during our launch. Josh and his team answered over 7,000 emails in 9 days.
- [05:32] The customer experience department also fielded over 600 concierge phone calls.
- [09:16] We got scrappy, and everybody jumped in to help. We created a support schedule and had ‘power hours.’
- [12:39] You’ve got to make answering emails a priority, otherwise you’re leaving money on the table.
- [14:02] During a launch, it’s important to have people around you that will give you pep talks to help change your mindset when things get stressful.
- [18:57] When you need to close a gap, I recommend that you DSD, or do something different.
- [22:07] It's okay to pivot during a launch when you see a need. Trying new things and experimenting is always a great thing.
"I love Amy and Online Marketing Made Easy." <-- If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people -- just like you -- move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow now!