Manage episode 302477751 series 2811240
We’re back with a brand-new series of The Craft of Code podcast! Following the success of season one, we’re bringing a series of new guests to talk all about their businesses, projects, and how Linode has helped them along their journeys.
In this episode, we speak with Phil Nelson, one of the people behind RetroStrange TV and Lofi Scifi. RetroStrange TV is a 24/7 streaming video channel that lets you watch old movies anytime you want. Lofi Scifi is a 24/7 old-time radio channel that broadcasts music and old sci-fi radio stories.
We spoke to Phil about his unique website and why he chose Linode to host it. He shares why he needed full access to the server, the ability to scale, compatibility with open-source software, and other Linode features for his project to work.
In this episode, we discussed:
- Why Phil and his partner Noah decided to create RetroStrange TV
- How they curated content for the 24/7 broadcasts
- Why Linode was the perfect choice to host their website
- How RetroStrange TV uses open-source software
- The top products Phil uses from Linode
- Future plans for RetroStrange TV
You can find out more by visiting, https://www.linode.com/craft-of-code/
Important Links & Mentions
If you enjoyed our show, then please rate and review us on whatever podcast app you listen to us on.