Manage episode 282379588 series 2713325
David Dunne is a Performance Nutritionist with an array of experience working in elite sport with Harlequins, Queens Park Rangers FC, Bradford Bulls, British Fencing, British Canoeing and Professional Golfers. He is also the CEO of Hexis Performance and is currently completing a PhD in Digital Health and Behaviour Change.
In this episode David discusses:
- The numerous Consultant Nutritionist roles he's had to date.
- How the breadth of experiences has taught him to think better.
- How we are dealing with human beings, not numbers or athletes.
- The importance of building empathy and trust.
- The problem of motivation vs capability in behaviour change.
- Why more knowledge may not be the answer.
- His PhD Research combining social media and nutrition interventions.
- The development of the Hexis App to provide individualised nutrition support to athletes.
As always you can keep up to date with Athletic Evolution via our website, Instagram and Twitter.