Manage episode 276536170 series 2637014
Are you ready to move beyond flat files for your data in Python? Maybe you’re not sure where to start with databases and SQL. This week on the show, David Amos returns with another batch of PyCoder’s Weekly articles and projects. We cover a Real Python article about managing data with SQLite and SQLAlchemy.
David explores the intricacies of using the modulo operator (%). We also cover several other articles and projects from the Python community including, how to shoot yourself in the foot with python, exploring fractals on a cloud computer, the DMCA takedown request for youtube-dl, python for feature film, an online multiplayer text-based game framework, and a sorting algorithms visualizer.
Course Spotlight: Playing and Recording Sound in Python
In this course, you’ll learn about libraries that can be used for playing and recording sound in Python, such as PyAudio and python-sounddevice. You’ll also see code snippets for playing and recording sound files and arrays, as well as for converting between different sound file formats.
- 00:00:00 – Introduction
- 00:01:35 – How to Shoot Yourself in the Foot With Python, Part 1
- 00:11:31 – Data Management With Python, SQLite, and SQLAlchemy
- 00:19:00 – Sponsor: Techmeme Ride Home Podcast
- 00:19:29 – Exploring Fractals on a Cloud Computer
- 00:23:28 – The youtube-dl GitHub Repo Has Received a DMCA Takedown Request From the RIAA
- 00:29:09 – Video Course Spotlight
- 00:30:12 – Python Modulo in Practice: How to Use the % Operator
- 00:36:29 – Python For Feature Film
- 00:44:01 – evennia: Online Multiplayer Text-Based Game Framework
- 00:47:11 – Sorting-Algorithms-Visualizer: See How Sorting Algorithm Works With Pygame
- 00:51:55 – Thanks and goodbye
How to Shoot Yourself in the Foot With Python, Part 1 – If you’re new to Python, you might find yourself confused by some of the situations described in this article. Learn about five mistakes you could make, why they happen, and how to fix them.
Data Management With Python, SQLite, and SQLAlchemy – In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to store and retrieve data using Python, SQLite, and SQLAlchemy as well as with flat files. Using SQLite with Python brings with it the additional benefit of accessing data with SQL. By adding SQLAlchemy, you can work with data in terms of objects and methods.
Exploring Fractals on a Cloud Computer – Fractals might be some of the most interesting mathematical structures to study and to visualize. Learn what fractals are and how to create beautiful fractal animations with Python.
Python Modulo in Practice: How to Use the % Operator – In this tutorial, you’ll learn about the Python modulo operator (%). You’ll look at the mathematical concepts behind the modulo operation and how the modulo operator is used with Python’s numeric types. You’ll also see ways to use the modulo operator in your own code.
Python For Feature Film – A look into how Python is used to bring your favorite movies to the big screen.
- evennia: Online Multiplayer Text-Based Game Framework
- Sorting-Algorithms-Visualizer: See How Sorting Algorithm Works With Pygame
- Python REST APIs and The Well-Grounded Python Developer: Doug Farrell Ep06:
- Python REST APIs With Flask, Connexion, and SQLAlchemy: Real Python series
- Python in Maya: Autodesk
- Using Python - Maya: Autodesk Knowledge Network
- Ineffective Sorts - xkcd comic
- stacksort - StackSort connects to StackOverflow, searches for ‘sort a list’