This is the audio podcast version of Troy Hunt's weekly update video published here: https://www.troyhunt.com/tag/weekly-update/
Manage episode 282337513 series 2441665
על ידי Jared Rimer התגלה על ידי Player FM והקהילה שלנו - זכויות היוצרים שמורות למפרסם, לא ל-Player FM, והשמע מוזרם ישירות מהשרתים שלכם. הירשמו כדי לעקוב אחר עדכונים ב-Player FM, או הדביקו את כתובת העדכונים באפליקציות פודקאסט אחרות.
Hello folks, welcome to the security box, podcast 27. Trend Micro has a report they do each year talking about the trends of the next year and its worth talking about. Did you know about any of the breaches of the past year? We'll go through that thanks to Solutions Review, as well. We'll have news, notes, commentary and more and even a guest to boot if everything goes well. Thanks so much for listening, and make it a great day! Topics:
- The Security Predictions from Trend Micro is always something fun to read. We'll talk about some highlights that might be of interest, and of course, we'll take questions and comments in regards to this. You can read the article entitled: Takeaways from Trend Micro's 2021Predictions to learn more. I also posted a blog post with my thoughts on this one, and its available for everyone to read.
- Are you aware of the biggest breaches of the year? There is a post with videos and text, and we'll talk about this. Ben Canner, a follower of mine on twitter, tweeted out Solutions Review Presents: The Top Data Breaches of 2020 and boy, is it something that I think we should cover.
- Cyber Wire Daily has what they call Research Saturday. This is a link to January 9th's episode on Emotet and I will be summarizing this as part of this week's program. There is a link to read show notes, and thanks to Overcast for providing a link to the episode, I think its worth sharing.
- According to Cyberwire Daily, a podcast, President Trump was removed from Twitter for several days, as well as removed from Facebook until he leaves office. The Washinton Post may have an article on this, as they site the post as being where the reports of him being kicked off. The January 7th program talked about the fact President Trump urged people to show their displeasure, although a tweet said to do it peacefully. It made no difference, as people demonstrated and caused problems on January 6th and caused the recount to be delayed. It was resumed later in the evening, and president elect Joe Biden was confirmed. Facebook bans Trump indefinitely; risks 'simply too great,' Zuckerberg says and Facebook, Twitter act on Trump's false messaging after violence at Capitol should be read in regards to the latest on this ordeal. These two articles were read after listening to the podcast.
- This Week in Security News - Jan 8, 2021 has quite a lot of articles, some of which I had meant to cover but haden't had an opportunity to blog about.
- Russian man sentenced to 12 years in prison for massive JPMorgan data heist is a bit of good news after a long bout of wondering if we are going to get some good news. While I published some good news recently, 2021 has gotten off to a great start with this one. This J.P. Morgan breach at the time was the biggest to date for that time, but Solar Winds today tops that. This was well orchestrated, and you should read this.