Manage episode 302932551 series 2441665
Welcome to the Security box, program number 62. On this program, we're going to cover Windows Update as well as a very interesting article from Krebs about a new botnet that seems to have done quite a bit of damage. It is an IOT botnet called Meris. We'll also have news, notes and lots more.
There are the usual two articles on Windows Update. This time, Krebs has quite a bit on these updates while Trend Micro covers the highlights but also gives some info of value too. They're both good for their reasons, so read them both.
- Microsoft Patch Tuesday, September 2021 Edition Krebs on Security
- September Patch Tuesday: 66 Bulletins, Only 3 Critical Trend Micro
There is one article which we're taking from for this one, but did you listen to podcast 836?
- KrebsOnSecurity Hit By Huge New IoT Botnet “Meris” Krebs On Security
- Security researchers at Wiz discover another major Azure vulnerability Ars Technica
- Apple patches “FORCEDENTRY” zero-day exploited by Pegasus spyware Ars Technica
- Trial Ends in Guilty Verdict for DDoS-for-Hire Boss Krebs On Security
- Customer Care Giant TTEC Hit By Ransomware Krebs On Security
I hope you enjoy the program and thanks so much for listening!