Manage episode 282941218 series 2487572
If anyone is reading this notebook — don’t come looking for me. Don’t.
In the forty sixth episode of The Translated Chinese Fiction Podcast we are undergoing black initiation into The Flock of Ba Hui (巴虺的牧群 / Bāhuī de Mùqún). Returning to the show to rescue me from the abyss - or hurl me into it - is the extremely online Dylan Levi King. We have quite a beast to wrestle with this episode. Lovecraftian fiction, from the Chinese internet, curated, translated and packaged in paratexts by two particularly unorthodox individuals.
-// NEWS ITEMS //
- Women Writing China: Female Authors and Chinese Literature
- How a Music Streaming Site Became a Safe Space for Leftist Listeners
- Peking Noir with Paul French
-// WORD OF THE DAY //
(邪神呼唤 - Xiéshén Hūhuàn - the call of Cthulhu)
-// MENTIONED IN THE EPISODE //
- the Cthulhu mythos
- the Ring of Wonder
- the Yi People
- Western Xia as 'lost civilisation'
- Yi Izzy Yu & John Branscum on Ji Yun's weird fiction
- Racism in Lovecraft's writing
- 'Neoreaction' and the fantasy/horror genre
-// Handy TrChFic Links //