Manage episode 295098371 series 2091666
In this week’s Weird Tales Radio Show our guest psychologist Dr Gustav Kuhn who runs the Magic Research Lab in London – are magicians' illusions now being used in marketing and by politicians to misdirect their audiences? We also revisit the Dyatlov Pass mystery and discover how Disney’s animated movie Frozen may hold the explanation. We also have a new book on Haunted Landscapes, we look at the background to Beer Day, and much, much more.
Links: Weird Tales Radio Show https://www.urbanfantasist.com + https://www.youtube/c/weirdtalesshow + https://www.magicresearchlab.com + https://www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk + https://youtu.be/29TKoDwKRcA
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
1. Theme Music (00:00:01)
2. Hello, Welcome, plus News Round-up (00:00:43)
3. The Dyatlov Pass Mystery - does a Disney movie hold the key? (00:03:19)
4. Hey scientists, is it really such a smart idea trying to contact advanced alien civilisations? (00:09:17)
5. The Big Interview: psychologist Dr Gustav Kuhn on magic, marketing & politicians (00:11:03)
6. The connection between Beer Day and Magna Carta - who knew? (00:46:45)
7. Haunted Landscapes: Shuckland - the latest book by Charles Christian (00:48:57)
8. Yucky History - when covering books in human skin was a thing (00:50:56)
9. Charles Babbage & his Difference Engine (00:53:20)
10. Outro & Goodbye (00:55:58)
11. Ends (00:58:00)