Manage episode 278572809 series 2795273
The holidays are quickly approaching, and while it might look different from what we're used to, many have already begun planning and preparing for whatever Thanksgiving and Christmas will look like for their family this year. We put a great deal of thought into the lights, the meal, the decorations, and this year--even the guest list. How many of us will put the same level of intentionality into cultivating a legacy this holiday season?
On this episode, Troy Dotson adapts principals from his "Growing a Legacy" seminar to show us how we can be intentional this holiday and cultivate memories that last a lifetime.
Developing a simple plan to cultivate a legacy:
- Catch a vision of what motivates you
- Have SMART Goals
- Make an action plan. Write it down & keep it simple.
- Put it on the calendar. Stick with it.
Share your story:
- Focus - Share significant moments when your life trajectory changed dramatically.
- Be honest about failures.
- Look towards the future.
- What impact did your family have?
- Include the Gospel - When and why did you become a follower of Christ? How has it changed you? No one can argue with your story.
Mentioned in this episode:
Song: Threads · Geoff Moore & The Distance
Conversation Starter: Table Topics (Holiday Edition)
Journal: The Book of Me, 2nd Edition (Autobiographical Journal)
Workbook: Story of My Life: A Workbook for Preserving Your Legacy
Article: 50 Questions to Ask Relatives About Family History
MAKE A DONATION:
Give today and help us continue bringing new content each and every week!