Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on December 18, 2020 19:26 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 259127479 series 2463849
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the topic is: “Checking websocket health.” We worry about the health of our websockets and, after looking for help from the standards bodies, roll up our sleeves and handle it ourselves.
- “It’s the ghosting in the websocket world.”
- “With polling, every request is a fresh opportunity to recover from the last request’s errors.”
- “Long polling is just beating the server up at a slower rate.”
- “By giving your code names with meaning, you can read the code that uses it and comprehend it faster.”
- “Complexity costs, and you pay in time and confusion.”