Manage episode 334476587 series 1391411
Deno team member Luca Casonato joins Jerod & Feross to tell us about Fresh – a next generation web framework, built for speed, reliability, and simplicity.
Changelog++ members save 4 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Sentry – Working code means happy customers. That’s exactly why teams choose Sentry. From error tracking to performance monitoring, Sentry helps teams see what actually matters, resolve problems quicker, and learn continuously about their applications - from the frontend to the backend. Use the code
PARTYTIMEand get the team plan free for three months.
- Vercel – Vercel combines the best developer experience with an obsessive focus on end-user performance. Our platform enables frontend teams to do their best work. Unlock a better frontend workflow today.
- Square – Develop on the platform that sellers trust. There is a massive opportunity for developers to support Square sellers by building apps for today’s business needs. Learn more at changelog.com/square to dive into the docs, APIs, SDKs and to create your Square Developer account — tell them Changelog sent you.
- Luca Casonato – Twitter, GitHub
- Jerod Santo – Mastodon, Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- Feross Aboukhadijeh – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:00) - Opener
(00:38) - Sponsor: Sentry
(01:18) - Intro
(02:02) - Welcome
(03:17) - Luca and Deno
(04:37) - Embracing frameworks
(08:46) - Fresh's world view
(11:52) - Sponsor: Vercel
(13:27) - Client vs server-side routing
(16:36) - Islands
(27:42) - Edge rendering & data
(32:49) - Deno DB?!
(33:45) - Sponsor: Square
(35:16) - Who shouldn't use Fresh?
(38:12) - What's missing
(39:37) - Jerod "hates" TS
(43:17) - Community
(46:00) - Goodbye
(46:07) - Outro