Tauri brings Rust to the JS Party
Manage episode 356931061 series 1391411
KBall and Nick interview one of the leaders of the Tauri project about this next generation app bundling toolkit: the security, size, and performance features that make it special (and dare we say, better than Electron?), and what’s coming next.
Changelog++ members save 4 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Sentry – Session Replay! Rewind and replay every step of the user’s journey before and after they encountered an issue. Eliminate the guesswork and get to the root cause of an issue, faster. Use the code
CHANGELOGand get the team plan free for three months.
- KBall Coaching – Free exploratory coaching sessions from JS Party co-host KBall! Click here to get started
- Daniel Thompson – GitHub, LinkedIn
- Kevin Ball – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!
(00:00) - Opener
(00:21) - Sponsor: Sentry
(02:17) - It's party time, y'all
(03:12) - Welcoming Daniel
(07:57) - Bringing Rust to a JS Party
(10:34) - If you've never worked in Rust before
(13:13) - Rust + TypeScript
(19:57) - Sponsor: KBall Coaching
(21:13) - What makes Tauri special
(28:02) - Tauri security
(33:43) - Tauri performance
(38:26) - Tauri power
(41:56) - Getting started
(46:43) - Getting involved
(49:47) - Cool Tauri apps
(52:13) - What's coming next
(53:55) - Wrapping up
(55:10) - Outro