Manage episode 281608480 series 2505215
The full management team of Global Ship Lease (GSL), a leading containership company, joined J Mintzmyer's Value Investor's Edge Live on Nov. 12, 2020, to discuss the containership transport markets and forward opportunities and refinancing prospects into 2021. We were joined by Executive Chairman George Youroukos, CEO Ian Weber, CFO Tassos Psaropoulos, and CCO Thomas Lister. This interview and discussion of the underlying containership markets is relevant for anyone with interest in GSL or in related containership shipping companies, including Atlas Corp (ATCO), Capital Partners (CPLP), Costamare (CMRE), Danaos Corp (DAC), Euroseas (ESEA), Matson (MATX), MPC Containers (MPZZF), Navios Containers (NMCI), Navios Partners (NMM), and SFL Corp (SFL).Topics Covered
- (<1:30) Intro/Disclosures
- (1:35) What is driving containership markets up, how long can it last?
- (7:45) Is this rally sustainable? What are the recent charter structures?
- (15:15) Progress on the debt refinancing? Reasonable timeline?
- (18:00) Plans with preferred and/or baby bond issuances?
- (20:00) Dividend commentary? Near-term potential?
- (22:30) Potential asset acquisition opportunities?
- (26:30) How many charter rolls occur during Q4-20 and early 2021?
- (27:15) Primary market strength indications and risk factors?
- (29:45) Differentiating factors for Panamax and Post-Panamax tonnage?
- (37:00) Is a mid-2021 timeline for refinancing realistic?
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices