Manage episode 347122985 series 3383803
Sheridan Rose Shaw has been in the hair industry for over 16 years & today is the Creative Director of MamaWest, multi award winning hair salon & creative co working space based in Melbourne's Inner West. She is vibrant, energetic, extroverted & tremendously passionate about her thriving young business.
Her journey to get to this point has been nothing short of remarkable. She has fought significant personal demons due to childhood trauma, battled with toxic relationships, become addicted to drugs/alcohol as a teenager, gone through extensive rehab/recovery and has also experienced homelessness. However, once she realised that she needed to have self awareness, accept her situation for what it was, ask for help & to take responsibility for her own life, everything changed. She began to work on herself through personal development, seek out the right mentors/coaches, began to inspire others, discovered her love for hairdressing, opened her business during lockdown and also became a mother, giving birth to her beautiful son.
An inspirational woman & an extraordinary story of despair, hitting rock bottom, resilience, triumph & redemption, 30 years in the making... please enjoy!
* Childhood years & her very early challenges in life
* The complicated relationship with her parents & siblings
* The impact of her parents divorce
* Dealing with loneliness, abandonment & lack of direction as a young woman
* Turning to drugs/alcohol from 13 years old to numb the pain
* Being in a toxic/abusive relationship at 14 years old
* Getting a job at a high end Collins Street salon & being fired within 3 months
* Jobless, homeless & her life spiralling out of control
* Accepting being a drug addict & experiencing multiple overdoses
* Turning it all around - 5 years of rehab & recovery
* Investing $30,000 in personal/professional development, coaching, courses
* The power of asking for help & inspiring her mum
* Discovering her love for hairdressing & her passion for community
* How & why did MamaWest begin?
* How has she built such a large & loyal customer base so quickly?
* What separates MamaWest's service from others? What's the secret sauce?
* Being booked out 8 weeks in advance before they opened... & ever since!
* Self care & putting yourself first
* Industry recognition & being a multiple award winner
* Becoming a mentor to others
* The challenges of work/life balance
Masters of the Game is brought to you by Pressie.
Pressie is a fun & youthful business to business (B2B) gifting service that offers a seamless & frictionless client experience. They can customise to your companies requirements & create your own secure portal from which you can order directly & efficiently. It couldn’t be simpler. Clients include luxury property developers, real estate agents and also the Essendon Football Club in the AFL.
Reach out to the team @ Pressie today - https://www.pressie.com.au
Sheridan Rose Shaw
* Instagram - @mamawest_
* Instagram - @sheridanroseshaw_mamawest
Instagram - @branko_lemaic
Instagram - @masters_of_the_game_
Masters of the Game is created & produced by Branko Lemaic