Manage episode 364168778 series 2686802
Josh Koenig, Chief Strategy Officer and Co-Founder of Pantheon, is a WebOps aficionado focused on creating first-class platforms and delivering results. Recognized as a Top 25 Software Products Executive by The Software Report, it is no wonder he is passionate about his ability to discuss and understand the developer experience while fostering relationships with users.
On this episode of the Business of Open Source, Koenig discusses the art of fostering opposing community relations and his ideals of the developer experience. He also talks about the niche that is WebOps and his journey of creating Pantheon.
- What is Pantheon? (0:55)
- Pantheon's role in communities (3:50)
- Teamwork makes the dream work (7:20)
- Challenges with a no-control work model (9:00)
- Balancing control and elevation in open source (11:10)
- Squarespace, but not really (13:10)
- Mistakes in building Pantheon(15:06)
- Connecting with a community (16:55)
- The difference between WordPress and Drupal (19:30)
- Community involvement (21:35)
- Pleasant surprises (23:40)
- Top challenge (25:40)
- Last remarks (28:50)