Manage episode 280110378 series 2648641
"You’ve got to definitely check your ego at the door — and you have to know when to hold them and know when to fold them." - Reza Torkzadeh
- Why do experience-led law firms have a competitive advantage?
- How did TorkLaw solve its toxic company culture?
- Why is data going to define the leading firms of the future?
- How did Reza Torkzadeh create a cutting-edge personal injury firm from the ground up?
Reza Torkzadeh: Building a Cutting-Edge PI Firm From the Ground Up
Reza Torkzadeh is the Founder & CEO of TorkLaw, a cutting-edge personal injury law firm based out of Los Angeles. He’s handled numerous high-profile cases in both state and federal courts, and he has served in leadership roles in litigations at the national level. But he didn’t start out that way, by any means.
In this episode, Reza tells his personal story as a first-generation immigrant of Iranian descent, and shares the entrepreneurial journey that's made him a big player in personal injury law.
Entrepreneurial Journeys and the Abundance Mindset
Not every attorney wants to start their own practice, but for Reza Torkzadeh there was nothing he'd rather do. Despite stating that he didn't make a cent in the first five years of running TorkLaw, it's still the best decision he's ever made. Why? Because he loves what he does.
We talk about the ups and downs of the entrepreneurial journey, how Reza achieves the balance that keeps him in the game, and why helping his clients at the darkest points in their lives drives him to reach new heights.
Client First: Experience as a Competitive Advantage
Reza Torkzadeh has set TorkLaw apart through his well-defined ethos that makes decision-making crystal clear: his firm is a customer service business that just happens to employ attorneys. So what does that mean in practice?
At TorkLaw, the client always comes first — no matter what! Reza tracks every step of the client journey from that first contact call to make sure every part of his firm delivers world-class service. Given the choice between a five star Four Seasons and a Motel 6, he knows what he wants his firm to be.
- Experience-led law firms rise above the rest. While clients might someday forget the exact settlement you won for them, they'll never forget the way you made them feel.
- Take it to the next level. An abundance mindset will empower you to knock down barriers while collaborating with the best.
- Track everything in sight. The law firm of the future is one that’s driven by data.
Links and Resources