182. Finding Hope & Healing as an Unmarried Grieving Mom After a 2nd Trimester Loss with Megan O'Neill
Manage episode 346032712 series 2414045
Listen in as I chat with Megan O'Neill, a mama to a baby in heaven. Megan experienced a 2nd trimester loss and shares with me the story of her baby and her journey of grief, life after loss and what it has looked like for her to find healing. Megan shares honestly about the unique challenge she experienced being an unmarried christian woman at the time of her pregnancy, how difficult that was to navigate, the shame and the guilt and how that was made even more difficult when she lost her baby at 14 weeks. She shares what she has learned from that experience, how she navigated those challenges and what wisdom and encouragement she would give to an unmarried single grieving mother who might be listening today. If that is you, I hope you know, like all of our grieving mothers, you are loved, friend and you are not alone.
Throughout our conversation Megan shares candidly about what it has looked like for her to mother her baby while her arms are empty. No matter your story, these words from Megan will encourage you, she said this:
I learned that it's most important for me to honor, love, and to celebrate my baby for myself. So, I find every opportunity to honor and love him on special days and milestones, anniversaries and holidays, and on those special days not expecting other people to do it for me. I learned that I have the choice to make it special and even if it's just in the confines of my own little space, I know that it's special."
QUESTIONS WE DISCUSS IN NO. 182
- What's something about your pregnancy or your baby, a memory that makes you smile or that feels extra special to you? Something that brings you joy in the mourning?
- What do you wish others understood about a 2nd trimester loss?
- What has been the most challenging aspect of your motherhood journey and navigating life after loss?
- What has been helpful to you as you navigated those challenges?
- What do wish christian women understood about what it was like to be pregnant as a unmarried christian woman and then to experience loss?
- What unique challenges did you face navigating grief simply because you were an unmarried christian woman?
- What wisdom would you give to someone who loves a single or unmarried mom who has experienced baby loss?
- What has healing looked like for you?
- What are practical ways you mother Baby Sea in heaven?
- What aspects of your new self and life after loss feels especially hard to embrace?
- What is one way you have grown or are growing in this season?
FREE ONLINE SUPPORT COMMUNITYA place away from social media where you can find support and care from women who are just like you. Women navigating the day to day ups and downs of grief. A place where you can feel not alone in this. Come join us: themorning.com/community
FREE GRIEF GUIDE
Our best and most helpful resources for navigating grief and life after loss all in one place. Plus a list of our favorite books for children about grief and loss. Download Here.
FREE GUIDE: IF YOU LOVE A GRIEVING MOMAnd if you love a grieving mom, we have something for you too, a free guide with simple tips for how to love a grieving friend: themorning.com/friendsandfamily.
RATE, REVIEW & FOLLOW ON APPLE PODCASTSIf you love The Joyful Mourning Podcast, please consider rating and reviewing the show! This helps moms who are grieving to find us a little easier and get that support they need. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know how this episode helped you.