Manage episode 286473623 series 1460512
In The Month In Pensions for February 2021, Ian Chapman-Curry looks at a survey of defined benefit scheme trustees that suggests the age of the quarterly trustee meeting is over.
We also look over some of the other developments that have made the headlines in the world of pensions in February 2021, including:
- Government issues further consultation on climate change risk -
- See details of the new consultation 'Taking action on climate risk: improving governance and reporting by occupational pension schemes - response and consultation on regulations' on the Department for Work and Pensions' consultation webpage; and
- Listen to our on demand webinar on ESG implementation – challenges and practical solutions.
- The Pensions Regulator (TPR) confirms increase in regulatory activity in Q4 2020 - Visit the TPR’s press release 'Enforcement activity rises as expected to protect savers (18 February 2021)'.
- Pensions Protection Fund (PPF) publishes levy rules and policy statement for 2021/22 levy year - See the PPF’s 2021/22 levy webpage for details.
- The Pensions Administration Standards Association (PASA) issues guidance on tax issues in GMP equalisation - Visit the PASA GMPEWG Guidance Note on Tax Issues.
- The Pension Schemes Act 2021 becomes law –
Then we take a quick look at what is coming down the tracks for pensions in March 2021.
NOT LEGAL ADVICE Information made available as part of this update or on our website in any form is for information purposes only. It is not, and should not be taken as, legal advice. You should not rely on, or take or fail to take any action based upon this information. Never disregard professional legal advice or delay in seeking legal advice because of something you have read on this website. Gowling WLG professionals will be pleased to discuss resolutions to specific legal concerns you may have.