Manage episode 276966176 series 2667583
You have the right to have work that inspires and brings you joy. But knowing yourself and knowing what it is you truly want isn’t something that can be done overnight.
For many, living on autopilot on someone else’s dream and not knowing what they truly want is a surefire way to burnout. Burnout doesn’t just exhaust your mind and body, but it affects your passion as well.
Join me as I speak with Lydia Lee, founder of Screw the Cubicle, as she recounts her struggle with burnout not once, but twice. In this episode, Lydia shares her experience with burnout while working in corporate and what steps she took to overcome it.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN THIS EPISODE:
- Lydia’s burnout experience in corporate (4:41)
- Not taking vacation leaves (7:06)
- Not caring for your well-being (8:04)
- Taking time off and asking for help (9:00)
- What are the self-imposed pressures you are putting on yourself? (10:00)
- Identity shift (11:00)
- Competition vs collaboration (13:11)
- Burnout vs depression (15:11)
- Knowing the factors that contribute to your unhappiness (16:54)
- You don’t need to share your dreams with everyone (20:30)
- The uncertainty of trying something new (22:00)
- Cultivating a community that lifts you up (22:50)
- Create a supportive community (23:15)
- The art of self-reflection (25:37)
- Creating mini-sabbaticals for yourself (28:20)
- Overcommitting and over scheduling leads to burnout (30:21)
- Fight or flight mode (31:40)
- Self-care, setting boundaries, and taking ownership (33:50)
CONNECT WITH LYDIA LEE
Follow Lydia on Facebook
Lydia Lee's the Work Reinvention Coach at Screw The Cubicle. Since 2013, she's helped people transition out of their golden corporate handcuffs to building a meaningful business that’s intentionally designed from their strengths, values, and personality.
Currently based in the tropical island of Bali, Lydia’s jam is all about reinventing how we want to work so that we can live the lifestyles we want to have
CONNECT WITH KATHLEEN FAIR
Connect with me on Facebook
Connect with me on LinkedIn