Manage episode 322512799 series 1391411
This week Amal and Nick are joined by Dan Shappir, a Performance Tech Lead at Next Insurance, to learn about enabling a performance-first mindset within your engineering org.
Dan recently left his 7+ year tenure leading performance at Wix where he and his team improved, and monitored the speed of millions of websites around the world.
Join us to learn how he lead a cultural transformation that propelled Wix sites to be faster than most other React apps in the wild - including ones built with frameworks like Next.js.
Changelog++ members save 3 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Retool – Retool is a low-code platform built specifically for developers that makes it fast and easy to build internal tools. Instead of building internal tools from scratch, the world’s best teams, from startups to Fortune 500s, are using Retool to power their internal apps. Learn more and try it for free at retool.com/changelog
- Raygun – Never miss another mission-critical issue again — Raygun Alerting is now available for Crash Reporting and Real User Monitoring, to make sure you are quickly notified of the errors, crashes, and front-end performance issues that matter most to you and your business. Set thresholds for your alert based on an increase in error count, a spike in load time, or new issues introduced in the latest deployment. Start your free 14-day trial at Raygun.com
- SignalWire – Build what’s next in communications with video, voice, and messaging APIs powered by elastic cloud infrastructure. Try it today at signalwire.com/video and mention “Go Time” to receive an extra 5,000 video minutes.
- Dan Shappir – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Amal Hussein – Twitter, GitHub
- Nick Nisi – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Improving The Performance Of Wix Websites (Case Study) | Smashing Magazine
- Tweet showing metrics in the wild with Wix leading the pack
- JS Party show with Paul Bakaus from Google | For a more dope web! #174
- Core Web Vitals Report
- Core Web Vitals
- Real-user monitoring (RUM)
- Facebook’s JS Optimizer - Prepack (now deprecated)
- w3c Web Performance Working Group
- Performance API | Native web API
- High Performance Browser Networking | An O’Reilly book by Ilya Grigorik (free web verision)
- Wix - A Free Website Builder
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!