Manage episode 291929067 series 1437081
There's a lot of trauma that occurs as a result of not knowing what the source of our challenges are. And then so many mixed feelings when and if we get diagnosed, everything from a huge sense of relief, and having an explanation for entire life experiences, to a deep sadness over the missed opportunities. And we're left wondering what could have happened if we had known sooner?
What if the bigger issue with all the problems that we adults with or without ADHD have is because of the not knowing - the lack of a diagnosis and all the trauma that results from living with the unknown, or the unnamed explanation?
Developing your Executive Function Skills and shifting your limiting beliefs is the fastest and most effective way to overcome ADHD limitations, find focus, gain confidence, and a newfound freedom in your life!
My mission is to put an end to the worldwide needless suffering of adults with ADHD and those with under-developed Executive Function Skills - whether from ADHD, chronic depression or anxiety, trauma, addictions or chronic illnesses. And, you don't need a formal diagnosis to know you need help developing these executive function skills in order to greatly reduce your suffering.Episode Resources:
- 13 EF Skills: https://www.drbarbaracohen.com/Executive-Function
- Getting Unstuck: https://www.drbarbaracohen.com/procrastination-opt-in
- Enrollment open now for the final 2021 group for ADDventures in Achievement Foundational Skills program. If it's of interest to you, be sure to complete the program application and receive the email series educating you about the program as well as the link to early enrollment. Complete the application now: https://www.drbarbaracohen.com/AIA
- Join the amazing Living Beyond ADHD Facebook Group & hangout with your peeps
- Follow me on Dr B Facebook Page and enjoy live videos and more
- Download the mp3 audio file and listen whenever you like.
- Download the transcript for this episode
Three of my favorite quotes by Socrates are:
- An unexamined life is not worth living.
- It is better to change an opinion than to persist in a wrong one, and
- Know thyself.
What these three quotes say to me, is that we need to be curious about ourself, and understand that life is happening for us, not to us. Lessons abound, it is up to each of us to accept or reject our lessons and change accordingly. My wish for all of you is that you can learn to feel the same about your lessons in life, and set yourself free.To Help The Show:
Subscribe at your favorite listening spot and my podcast player has social media links (icons) in the episode player so you can share episodes you love with others!
Please rate the show and leave a thoughtful review on iTunes so I know you're benefiting from the episodes. The greater the number of reviews, the higher the ranking, and the easier it will be for others to find the show; people who also need this information.
Let's put an end to the worldwide needless suffering together!