Manage episode 283105277 series 2772529
In this episode of Mindful Impact with Justin Francisco, we will have a meaningful conversation with a legendary ACIM teacher, Carol Howe. Listen as she shares her knowledge regarding the truth about how life works.
3 Key Points:
- It is crucial to install the right impressions in the first three years of life, as this will become the person's truth in his entire life.
- Relationships can make you upset because of guilt but, as " A Course in Miracles" points out, some of your beliefs may be harmful. If you improve how you think about yourself, things will get better.
- We are not our emotions, emotions are created as a response to circumstance. We are way more amazing than the emotions that we have..
- 4:21- The inner experience is the one you will never forget, triggered by circumstances, where you begin to experience the truth of what you are.
- 10:08- In the presence of joy, judgment becomes impossible.
- 14:00- Meditation is an ongoing recognition of staying present like doing a mantra or staying focused right where you are.
- 15:55- The miracle is a change of perception, a shift in the way you experience everything, people, situation, things, and allows you to direct the love that is always present, love that constitutes the substance of everything regardless of the form.
- 18:17- In a husband and wife relationship, upset happens when one says something that triggers some guilt of his own.
- 20:40- In the first three years of life, we have a bed of experience that became the foundation/blueprint for a self-concept that we are building.
- 23:10- When old wounds are triggered, the stress response is activated, putting a person in a defense mode.
- 23:36- Stress response dumps body chemistry that generates an emotional experience.
- 24-40- Guilt is painful and is related to things a person believes about himself that aren't true.
- 30:47- The frontal lobe of the brain and non-essential things at the moment of threat turned off for survival response.
- 33:51- Once the emotion has turned off the thinking brain, we tend to hide away with addiction to distract from how we feel.
- 37:45- Anger is the secondary emotion, underneath anger is despair or grief.
- 44:10- When we are being less than loving, we deserve compassion in the face of our lack of awareness of love at that moment.
- 45:50- Everybody whose response is not loving is desperately calling for help.
- 50:00- What's in the mind is what forms the basis for outside the world.
- 51:00 The good and bad are arbitrary and a personal perspective.
- 52:15- Emotions are not the enemy; it's the natural conclusion of our belief in ourselves that has been brought to our attention.
- 53:25- The three-dimensional world is the exact replica of the inner state of mind.
- 57:20- People create an awful outer life with their unloving inner life.
- “We can never condemn another without directly experiencing the consequences of it.”-Carol Howe
- “Our relationship and understanding of the real purpose are central to a successful life.”-Carol Howe
- “You only feel better if you, yourself, stop attacking yourself.”-Carol Howe
- "If I could stand on a rooftop and shout one thing, it could be, stop making your emotion the enemy.’-Carol Howe