Manage episode 362812115 series 2539397
Rebecca Hotsko and Alfonso Peccatiello discuss the current market outlook, including the driving force behind the market rally, its sustainability, Alfonso’s prediction of a 0% rate cut by the Fed in 2024, and a whole lot more!
Alfonso Peccatiello is former Head of a $20 billion Investment Portfolio and now is the Founder and author of The Macro Compass, which is an investment strategy firm that provides financial education, macro insights and investment ideas.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro.
02:05 - His current market outlook, whether this recent market rally is sustainable or not.
10:43 - Why Alfonso expects the Fed to cut rates to 0% in 2024?
22:07 - How the long-term debt cycle works, what are the key factors that drive it over time?
29:27 - Why Alfonso believes we are in the very late stages of the long term debt cycle?
33:41 - What implications does this has economically, and for the financial markets?
34:02 - Will we see a period of deleveraging similar to 2008 and 1929 in the US?
41:11 - The difference between a period of deleveraging and a recession.
50:22 - His thoughts on the trend of de-dollarization, is a US dollar centric world over and are there any possible alternatives to this dollar central world?
54:49 - The Impacts that an economic downturn and de-leveraging would have on a US dollar based global system.
60:09 - Alfonso’s portfolio strategy and investment take-aways given his outlook.
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Check out The MacroCompass.
- Check out: The MacroCompass Substack.
- Related Episode: Listen to MI232: Understanding Quantitative Easing w/ Alfonso Peccatiello , or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Millennial Investing Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try Robert and Rebecca’s favorite tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible.
- Instead of trying to time the market or pick single stocks, automate your investments and invest in a variety of companies with Betterment.
- What does happen when money and big feelings mix? Tune in to find out on the new podcast, Open Money, presented by Servus Credit Union.
- Apply for the Employee Retention Credit easily, no matter how busy you are, with Innovation Refunds.
- Enjoy soft, stretchy bottoms that last forever with birddogs. Use promo code INVESTING and get a free Yeti-style tumbler with every order.
- Partner with a specialized agency focused on making insurance as easy as possible for real estate investors. Take advantage of monthly reporting, monthly billing, and coverage for all phases of occupancy with National Real Estate Insurance Group.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.