Manage episode 364600334 series 2539397
Patrick Donley sits down with Ashley Kehr to chat about her new book, “Real Estate Rookie: 90 Days to Your First Investment.” They discuss how her life has changed since becoming the host of the BiggerPockets Rookie podcast and becoming a published author, how to select the right strategy for your investment goals, how to structure your real estate business, how to finance your first deals, and so much more!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
02:26 - How Ashley’s life has changed since becoming a podcast host and published author.
02:26 - Why she’s inspired by rookie real estate investors.
05:52 - What her writing process for the book was like.
11:46 - How to select the right strategy for you.
11:46 - Why you should build wealth and cash flow before pursuing passion projects.
15:13 - The importance of SMART goals and figuring out your “why?”.
17:51 - The importance of time blocking.
17:51 - How to find an accountability partner.
19:50 - Why house hacking is one of the best strategies to get started in real estate.
21:33 - How to structure your real estate business.
24:59 - What productivity tools she recommends.
33:25 - What new investors can offer to experienced partners.
46:40 - How to finance your first deals.
53:12 - How to do market research and source deals.
01:03:57 - What are the metrics to look at to determine whether or not to make an offer?
01:14:55 - How to make offers that are likely to be accepted.
01:23:03 - How to keep your motivation and momentum up.
And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Real Estate Rookie: 90 Days to Your First Investment by Ashley Kehr.
- Real Estate Rookie podcast.
- Getting Things Done by David Allen.
- The Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.
- Wealth Without Cash by Pace Morby.
- Bigger Pockets.
- Hug Your Haters by Jay Baer.
- Related Episode: Listen to REI169: The Rise of a Real Estate Entrepreneur w/ Donovan Adesoro, or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Real Estate 101 Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try our tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance Tool.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Keep up with the latest news and strategies on real estate investing with the best real estate podcasts.
P.S The Investor’s Podcast Network is excited to launch a subreddit devoted to our fans in discussing financial markets, stock picks, questions for our hosts, and much more! Join our subreddit r/TheInvestorsPodcast today!
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible.
- Instead of trying to time the market or pick single stocks, automate your investments and invest in a variety of companies with Betterment.
- Apply for the Employee Retention Credit easily, no matter how busy you are, with Innovation Refunds.
- Partner with a specialized agency focused on making insurance as easy as possible for real estate investors. Take advantage of monthly reporting, monthly billing, and coverage for all phases of occupancy with National Real Estate Insurance Group.
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors.