Manage episode 364600334 series 2539397
Patrick Donley sits down with Ashley Kehr to chat about her new book, “Real Estate Rookie: 90 Days to Your First Investment.” They discuss how her life has changed since becoming the host of the BiggerPockets Rookie podcast and becoming a published author, how to select the right strategy for your investment goals, how to structure your real estate business, how to finance your first deals, and so much more!
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
00:00 - Intro
02:26 - How Ashley’s life has changed since becoming a podcast host and published author.
02:26 - Why she’s inspired by rookie real estate investors.
05:52 - What her writing process for the book was like.
11:46 - How to select the right strategy for you.
11:46 - Why you should build wealth and cash flow before pursuing passion projects.
15:13 - The importance of SMART goals and figuring out your “why?”.
17:51 - The importance of time blocking.
17:51 - How to find an accountability partner.
19:50 - Why house hacking is one of the best strategies to get started in real estate.
21:33 - How to structure your real estate business.
24:59 - What productivity tools she recommends.
33:25 - What new investors can offer to experienced partners.
46:40 - How to finance your first deals.
53:12 - How to do market research and source deals.
01:03:57 - What are the metrics to look at to determine whether or not to make an offer?
01:14:55 - How to make offers that are likely to be accepted.
01:23:03 - How to keep your motivation and momentum up.
And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
- Join the exclusive TIP Mastermind Community to engage in meaningful stock investing discussions with Kyle and the other community members.
- Real Estate Rookie: 90 Days to Your First Investment by Ashley Kehr.
- Real Estate Rookie podcast.
- Getting Things Done by David Allen.
- The Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey.
- Wealth Without Cash by Pace Morby.
- Bigger Pockets.
- Hug Your Haters by Jay Baer.
- Related Episode: Listen to REI169: The Rise of a Real Estate Entrepreneur w/ Donovan Adesoro, or watch the video.
NEW TO THE SHOW?
- Check out our Millennial Investing Starter Packs.
- Browse through all our episodes (complete with transcripts) here.
- Try Kyle’s favorite tool for picking stock winners and managing our portfolios: TIP Finance.
- Enjoy exclusive perks from our favorite Apps and Services.
- Stay up-to-date on financial markets and investing strategies through our daily newsletter, We Study Markets.
- Learn how to better start, manage, and grow your business with the best business podcasts.
Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors: