Manage episode 361711030 series 3463463
In this episode, Nicole and Kate discuss impostor syndrome, which plagues even the most successful women. Kate shares how she moved through impostor syndrome to be where she is today, founding and running a non-profit and becoming a national leader. She speaks about overcoming her insecurity of being biracial and a leader of a Native organization and navigating those incorrect beliefs to be proud of exactly who she is. She also shares about overcoming the shame she carried from being a stripper in her 20s, owning and healing that part of her life, and ultimately turning that into a story that empowers and helps others.
Kate is a member of the Pueblo of Cochiti (COACH- ih- TEA) and is the founder and director of Native Strength Revolution, a non-profit that equips a new generation of Indigenous healers through leadership training and yoga certification. Kate and her Indigenous team work with Indigenous communities and organizations to educate, elevate and uncover a new possibility of wellness for Indigenous people. She is also an active daughter and wife! Sweating is her ceremony- when not on her reservation, she loves weights, dancing, yoga, and running.
Nicole and Kate talk about…
- When Kate started owning her journey and listening to her intuition (5:13)
- How she leaned into the concept of surrender to shift into a new path of life (9:48)
- Navigating moments of crisis, when everything feels out of control (13:05)
- The experience of trusting your intuition when you don’t have the evidence that everything will work out (17:03)
- How Kate’s nonprofit, Native Strength, became a part of the NYC Marathon in a way bigger way beyond what she had imagined (22:00)
- How to maintain your worthiness when you’re succeeding and how to combat impostor syndrome and incorrect beliefs (27:20)
- Overcoming her insecurity of being a leader of a Native organization and being biracial (28:53)
- Letting go of shame and owning those parts of your story (32:34)
If this episode inspired you, take a screenshot of you listening and post it to your Instagram stories, and tag us @nicoletsong and @nativestrengthrevolution.
Want to build morning habits that last so you jump out of bed with energy and clarity every morning? Join Nicole’s 5-Day Morning Challenge >> go.nicoletsong.com/morning-habits
Haven’t left a review yet? All you have to do is go to https://podfollow.com/school-of-self-worth
For full show notes, transcript, and links, visit nicoletsong.com/podcast.
Get More of Kate:
- Instagram: @kateherrerajenkins, @nativestrengthrevolution
- Website: https://nativestrengthrevolution.org/
- Facebook: Kate H. Jenkins
Find out what Nicole is up to: