Manage episode 294521452 series 1520619
A recent report from the Internet Advertising Bureau indicates that US podcast revenues are skyrocketing and are projected to be at over $2 billion by 2023. Today on Leveling Up, Eric breaks down the most important points of this report. Tuning in you’ll hear how the figures in this report relate to Eric’s experiences in podcasting. Find out how brand advertising is approaching parity with direct response and what this means, which content genres are most popular among podcast advertisers, why D2C brands maintain the top advertiser category, and why bigger brands are now buying in. With the growth of the podcast industry and the low competition rates, discover what opportunities you may be missing in the podcast industry today.
TIME-STAMPED SHOW NOTES:
- [00:26] An introduction to the recent report by the Internet Advertising Bureau on the growth of podcast advertising revenue.
- [01:01] The types of sponsorships Eric gets for his Marketing School podcast.
- [01:46] Why mid-rolls are more premium than pre-rolls and post-rolls.
- [02:17] The most important shift: brand advertising is approaching parity with direct response.
- [03:07] News as the top content genre for podcast advertisers.
- [03:32] Other points from the article relating to D2C brands as the top advertiser category and bigger brands buying in.
- [03:51] Eric’s thoughts on the opportunities that exist in podcasting.
- [04:29] Don’t forget to hit the subscribe and bell buttons.
Resources From The Interview:
Leave Some Feedback:
- What should I talk about next? Who should I interview? Please let me know on Twitter or in the comments below.
- Did you enjoy this episode? If so, please leave a short review here
- Subscribe to Leveling Up on iTunes
- Get the non-iTunes RSS Feed
Connect with Eric Siu: