Manage episode 362916209 series 3463463
In this episode, Michelle Cassandra Johnson shares an intimate look at her journey with self-worth and the powerful impact that her mother had by teaching her that she was more than enough. Michelle’s mother gave an invaluable gift by nurturing her to be intentional with risks, teaching her to be ok with being imperfect, and to trust her voice and intuition. Nicole and Michelle talk about what it could look like to listen to your intuition when you’re unsure of your purpose, and the significance of signs and symbols in everyday life.
Michelle C. Johnson is an author, spiritual teacher, social justice activist, intuitive healer, and Dismantling Racism educator. She approaches her life and work from a place of knowing we are, can, and must heal individually and collectively. As a dismantling racism educator, she has worked with large corporations, non-profits, and community groups, including the ACLU-WA, Duke University, Google, This American Life, Yoga Alliance, Lululemon, and many others.
Her newest book, “We Heal Together: Rituals and Practice for Building Community and Connection" explores the deep knowing and truth that we are interconnected; we belong to one another. “We Heal Together” offers rituals and practices meant to dream us into a new way of being to benefit the highest and fullest good.
In this episode, listen to hear —
- Michelle’s journey with self-worth and the power of being raised and nurtured by a mother that instilled in her an innate knowledge that she was enough (3:07)
- How she navigated the dominant culture of perfectionism as an empath who was raised to be ok being imperfect (7:53)
- Having an internal compass and being driven by purpose while also being unsure of what her purpose is (10:40)
- The critical point of recovering from an eating disorder in the past that was a manifestation and internalization of dominant cultural norms (12:30)
- How she developed and used her intuition to follow service and purpose (14:10)
- The origin of her latest book, We Heal Together (26:25)
- How we heal as a community from all the loss we have experienced in the last few years of the pandemic (33:52)
- A daily practice you can incorporate to develop your self-worth and intuition (45:48)
Nicole’s FREE series, Transform Your Relationship with Work Boundaries (without shame or guilt) starts May 11! Grab your seat >> go.nicoletsong.com/boundaries
Do you struggle with boundaries? Discover the blind spots holding you back and take the Boundary Tendencies Quiz >> nicoletsong.com/quiz
For full show notes, transcript, and links, visit nicoletsong.com/podcast.
Get More of Michelle:
- Website: https://www.michellecjohnson.com/
- Instagram: @skillinaction
- Her Newest Book: https://www.michellecjohnson.com/we-heal-together:
Find out what Nicole is up to: