Manage episode 334252582 series 2901614
I knew that Kate Codrington and I were destined to meet. Her name has been mentioned many times by past guests of the podcast so I was delighted when our friends at Harper Collins sent me a copy of her book Second Spring and Kate agreed to be my guest.
Kate is a mentor, speaker, artist, writer and therapist, and host of the “Life - an inside job” podcast. And when she’s not doing all these things you’ll find her playing in her compost heaps at her home in Hertfordshire.
Join us in conversation as we discuss:
- What is our Second Spring?
- How Perimenopause can be akin to being thrown around in the washing machine, the disorientation, but once the cycle has finished we get to see ourselves and the world with fresh eyes - that’s the gift.
- The Four seasons of our life and the pain and the gifts that each one brings.
- The Menopausal adventure of finding out “Who Am I?”
- The conspiracy of “busyness” - why it’s necessary for us to slow down and rest so we can be in a better relationship with ourselves.
- The whole new cycle of life that starts Post Menopause.
- The three phases of our Menopause transition - Separation, Surrender and Emergence.
- Why we must learn to be kind to ourselves.
- The exhausting effort of “holding it all together.”
- The importance of vulnerability and surrender during Perimenopause and Menopause.